To operate an inclusive, nonprofit organization bringing environmentally responsible, sustainable economic growth to the region by providing the facilities and resources to serve Southern Oregon as a hub for technical innovation, creative entrepreneurship, and STEAM-oriented collaborative learning for curious minds of all ages.
Our vision is to build a bustling hub of creative energy in downtown Talent. In doing so, Talent will reap the bents of increased regional interest which, in turn, will support a more robust commercial district. Additionally, residents will have another reason to spend time downtown, supporting local businesses and, importantly, cultivating a stronger sense of community.
- Establish strong regional partnerships with educational organizations and industry.
- Work with Talent Urban Renewal Agency (TURA) to include Talent Maker City as a development contingency of the Gateway Project.
- Develop year-round STEAM-based workshops for all ages to actively engage our thriving creative population and recruit new makers to the movement.
- Build a well-equipped makerspace facility at the Gateway Project to serve as the beating heart of Talent’s cultural and economic renaissance.
- Establish and support a thriving maker ecosystem to support workforce training, extended education, entrepreneurial guidance, and a culture of creative exploration.
- In five years, offer free community memberships to our makerspace facility, tools, and resources for unfettered creative and technical innovation.