To operate an inclusive, nonprofit organization bringing environmentally responsible, sustainable economic growth to the region by providing the facilities and resources to serve Southern Oregon as a hub for technical innovation, creative entrepreneurship, and STEAM-oriented collaborative learning for curious minds of all ages.
Our vision is to build a bustling hub of creative energy in downtown Talent. In doing so, Talent will reap the benefits of increased regional interest which, in turn, will support a more robust commercial district. Additionally, residents will have another reason to spend time downtown, supporting local businesses and cultivating a stronger sense of community.
Phase one (Spring 2016 - June 208)
- Establish strong regional partnerships with educational organizations and industry.
- Develop year-round STEAM-based workshops for all ages to actively engage our thriving creative population and recruit new makers to the movement.
- Lease downtown Talent location to begin operating as a makerspace facility
- Establish and support a thriving maker ecosystem to support workforce training, extended education, entrepreneurial guidance, and a culture of creative exploration.
- Expand hands-on workshops and STEAM programming
- Introduce membership plans for all makers
- Build a well-equipped makerspace facility at Talent's Gateway Location to serve as the beating heart of our region's creative economy for generations to come